In reaction to incessant attack by the Boko Haram in the North Eastern part of Nigeria and the recent killing of some soldiers, the federal government has deployed drones in the fight against insurgency.
This revelation is contained in a report presented by the Nigerian delegation to the ECOWAS parliament in Abuja on Friday. Mr. Sani Rano who presented the report said the country in reaction to the attack had deployed the drones to constantly survey the area, even as it has set up Multinational Joint Task Force [MNTF] to curb the menace.
According to him “It is worth mentioning that Nigeria has constituted the multi-national joint task force [MNTF] made up of Chad, Benin, Niger, Cameroun and Nigeria in fighting Boko Haram” The report also reveals that before the recent attack on military bases, the Nigerian troops had made good progress in tackling insurgency and reopening towns previously seized by the Boko Harams. The report said “The ongoing conflict between far.”If there were no crisis, all imported foods to the country would have been produced locally to save the country the loss of lives and billions of naira on importation of foods.